The BMW M5 30 Jahre Edition
In 1984 the BMW M535i started off the M5 story. With an engine capacity of 3.5 litres it achieved 218hp and 310Nm, whilst delivering the 0 to 62mph sprint in 7.2 seconds.
Now in its fifth generation, to celebrate 30 years of the BMW M5 the M5 30 Jahre Edition has been created.
With 300 units being produced worldwide and just 30 of these being destined for the UK, the M5 30 Jahre Edition is poised to become a collectors’ item.
Featuring the largest power output of any production BMW at 600hp (40hp more than the standard M5), the M5 30 Jahre Edition achieves 0 to 62mph in just 3.9 seconds, which is also the fastest time of any production BMW car.
Befitting of such a unique edition the M5 30 Jahre Edition comes equipped with a host of bespoke features:
- 600hp and 700Nm power/torque output
- 20" light alloy M Double-spoke style 601M alloy wheels in bi-colour
- '30 Jahre M5' stitching on front and rear seats
- Anthracite Alcantara centre console, arm rests and door pulls
- BMW Individual Black Alcantara / Full Merino leather upholstery
- BMW Individual Frozen Dark Silver metallic paintwork
- Dark Chrome tailpipes, side gills, kidney grille and door handle inserts
- Door sill finishers with '30 Jahre M5' designation
- Interior trim, Dark Aluminium Trace with Dark Chrome finisher, '30 Jahre M5' and '1/300' designation
- M Sport Anthracite Alcantara multifunction steering wheel with gearshift paddles
- Side gills with '30 Jahre M5' designation
Additional BMW M5 30 Jahre Edition standard features.
In addition to the exclusive content, the M5 30 Jahre Edition features the following equipment as standard above a regular M5:
- Adaptive LED Headlights
- Comfort Access with smart-opener
- Competition package
- Driving Assistant
- Headlining, Anthracite Alcantara
- Instrument panel upper and lower sections, Nappa leather
- Loudspeaker system - harman/kardon
- Lumbar support, driver and front passenger
- M Sport multi-function seats, front
- Split-folding rear seat with additional 12 volt rear power sockets
For those that wish to enhance the specification of their M5 30 Jahre Edition further many of the regular M5 options are available to specify, including:
- B&O Advanced audio system
- M Carbon ceramic brakes
- Reversing Assist camera
- Sun protection glass
Developed in collaboration between BMW and Akrapovic, pictured above is a lightweight sport exhaust system made entirely from Titanium produces a rich, powerful sound to amplify the characteristic M TwinPower Turbo V8 sound. The 92 mm tailpipes made from polished Titanium with the M logo create an unmistakable appearance. Alternatively 95 mm tailpipe finishers in Carbon-fibre can be fitted.
Exclusively to the M5 30 Jahre Edition the M Performance exhaust system can be fully fitted with the Titanium tailpipe finishers or Carbon-fibre tailpipe finishers at an additional cost.
BMW service history and now with MOT until Feb 2022.
POA 85,450 miles