BMW 3 Series M3 Evolution
Techno-Violet, Light Grey Vader, Manual, 120,500 miles
*Additional info Mot until Feb 19 and the reg is S720UEY
For sale is my 1998 BMW M3 Evolution.
I have owned the car a short while as I wanted to try something different and break away from my usual brands (VWGroup Cars). The car is fantastic and I have enjoyed every minute of ownership, however I have decided to go back to Audi’s.
The car itself is Techno-Violet in colour with the light grey vader interior - a rare combination as I’m led to believe. Being an Evolution it comes with a 6speed manual gearbox and dual vanos pushing power to 321bhp, along with the increases displacement to 3.2ltr. It has a limited slip diff as standard and handles very well both when cruising or enthusiastically driven. The car benefits from full history and while it should’ve been serviced last year, it was mainly stored over winter. The car has mostly been looked after by BMW and Aston Martin dealerships. The folder includes a number of additional documents/invoices and old MOTs - even BMW check sheets from servicing.
During my ownership the car has benefitted from some much needed care. The car is still not 100% as I would like it - near perfect condition, which provides the new owner with a few possible routes (modify/track/oem). Although I wouldn’t say this is a project, there are a number jobs that need completing.
To note; car is shown with amber lights, the original set of full clear lights can be included in the sale and it comes with a full tool kit including first aid kit still sealed.
- Body work: Car is solid showing hardly any signs of rust underneath when inspected which includes that battery tray. The car does have some light bubbling on both rear arches and the boot lid edge. Also the front end has stone chips and damage to the fog light area. Due the cars age there are one or two other small marks that would also need to be sorted (dents/scratches)These are cosmetic repairs.
- Wheel refurb required
- Sunroof: Earlier this year my other half used the car and on one sunny day decided to open the sunroof, which is now broken; jammed open about 1.5”. I had already planned to sell the car so have reflected this repair in the price (complete cassettes can be picked up for under £200)
- Interior: overall the interior is okay however there is some wear to the drivers seat including a small tear. There is also a broken foot well light.
- Rear tyres are low but legal
Good points/ mods
In my ownership:
- Car will come with genuine BMW gearbox and diff oil plus plugs
- Engine: New pipercross panel filter
- Exhaust: Manifold has been repaired (common to crack at flexi) along with decat (old cats provided) and a reasonably new rear silencer
- Suspension: New Spax RSX coilover kit with height and damping adjustment. New genuine BMW front top mounts - advised rear looked new. Polybushed anti-roll bar bushes with brand new drop links. Brand new complete tie rods
- Brand new genuine badges (bonnet and boot lid)
- Front tyres replaced (Toyo Proxes)
- Brakes are Ferodo DS2500 pads on Oe discs
- Fast road Vibra Technics engine mounts
- Vanos rebuild @106k
- Replacement key
- Tracker fitted
Various invoices and documents dated back to 1998
The car comes complete with book pack, documents (as mentioned above) and three keys.
This is a great opportunity to purchase an appreciating modern classic that’s reliable enough to use daily or every weekend. It also benefits from all the thrills and performance of the BMW M cars. This example does need some tidying up but the history and mileage make it a great purchase for the diy mechanic or enthusiast car owner. The car is advertised elsewhere and silly offers via text will not receive a response.
I am willing to consider px for an e30 coupe for my other half.
*car is HPI clear
|Model||E36 M3 (92-00)|
|Date of first registration||1998-12-01|
|Vehicle model year||1998|
|Number of previous keepers||8|
|Engine power||321 BPH|
|Fuel consumption||25.7 MPG|
|Maximum speed||155 MPH|
|Acceleration 0-60mph||5.5 s|